Happy Friday! We have a cute summery bundle to share with you today! I had so much fun sewing with this bundle of fabric! Be sure to scroll down for my project and tutorial! :)
This week's bundle is all about flamingos! Featuring the Flamingos collection from Windham - this is one of our favorite summer lines!
You'll receive 8 cuts of each:
- Flamingos Polka Dots White - Windham
- Dainty Darling Diamond Pink - Riley Blake
- Swiss Dots Black - Riley Blake
- Flamingos Mini Pink - Windham
- Flamingos Mini Lime - Windham
- Love Black Script - Robert Kaufman
- Wonderland Two Gingham Pink - Riley Blake
- Flamingos Scenic - Windham
When I saw this bundle, I knew I wanted to really showcase those flamingos! Aren't they so fun! I came up with this simple pattern for you guys! This pattern is great for those large print that you want to show off! :)
I did a loopy-loop quilting pattern on this runner and I love how it turned out! Loops are my go-to free motion quilting pattern because they are so easy and quick! If you wanted to straight-line quilt this - it would look just as lovely!
The great thing about this pattern is that you could easily make it into a full sized quilt. Just add more blocks, and you have a super easy and quick quilt. If you wanted to simplify it further, you could remove the sashing. There are lots of possibilities with this easy pattern!
Let's get started:
- Tickled Pink fat quarter bundle
- 1/4 yard of black swiss dots (this is optional - if you don't mind piecing your border strips, then you will have enough from your fat quarter. If you don't want to piece your border strips - then you will want to purchase an extra 1/4 yard of swiss dots!
- 1/2 yard backing (I pieced my backing, but if you don't like a pieced backing then you'll want to pick up an extra 1/2 yard for backing!)
Cutting: (Reserve your pink flamingo print for binding!!)
- From large flamingo print:
- 3 - 7.5" x 7.5" Flamingos Polka Dots White - Windham
- 2 - 7.5" x 7.5" Flamingos Scenic - Windham
- From pink prints
- 10 - 4" x 4" squares ( I did 6 of the gingham print, and 4 of the diamond print)
- From green flamingo print
- 10 - 4" x 4" squares
- From black swiss dot:
- 8 - 1.5" x 7.5" strips (for sashing
- 1 - 1.5" x 39" strip (you will need to piece this)
- 2 - 1.25" x 15.5" strips (for side border)
- 2 - 1.25" x 41.5" strips (for top and bottom border)
Alright, let's get started: (Before you start piecing - you need to be mindful of the direction of your prints! A lot of these prints are directional, so just make sure you have them all going the right direction)
4-patches - make 5:
Lay your blocks out, and sew a sashing strip to the right side of each block - except the last block:
Sew a long sashing strip in between the rows:
Now sew on your border. Start with the left and right side. Sew on and press. Then add your top and bottom border. Press.
Now you are ready to baste, quilt and bind!
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and whip up your own Tickled Pink table runner! :)
Talk to you soon,