Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Moda Sampler Shuffle {Setting Instructions}

Hi there! We are nearing the finish line for our Moda Sampler Block Shuffle! 

Over the weekend I was able to sew all my blocks together and make the flying geese units for one of the borders! 


Before you start sewing your quilt top together - make sure you square up all of your blocks! They should be 6.5" x 6.5" 

Instead of doing multiple fabrics for the setting (like shown in the instructions) I decided to do an aqua fabric and the kona white.  If you purchased a finishing kit - you will put yours together like mine.

I would recommend laying out your quilt somewhere that you can easily just gather up one row at a time and sew the row and then put it back in it's right place.  When sewing together a quilt that is on point - I have to do this - otherwise I always end up sewing the blocks in the wrong order and doing lots of unpicking!  

You will also notice I took out the two appliqué blocks - I added in my own blocks to replace those.  



Purchase Finishing Kit HERE


If you are using one of our finishing kits- you will use the red fabrics for your flying geese border! There are four different red fabrics included.  I have already sewn all my flying geese units - I just need to sew them together.  I will be working on that this week as well as adding my inner border.  All of the instructions are included in the PDF downloads!  I will post pictures of my finished quilt top next week! 





Talk to you soon,



2 comments:

Rosa said...

It`s just fantastic.Great job !

KaHolly said...

It's going to be beautiful! I have enjoyed your fabrics throughout. I'd better get cracking and finish my blocks! I went scrappy, but I haven't done a very good job keeping up. It's been great! Thanks!~karen

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...